YSA Men's Restaurant Golf League
Welcome to Our 2015 Golf Leagues
COST: $1,100/team *
- Minimum of 2 players on a team roster, no maximum
- Match play allows 1 team of 2 players maximum
- Additional players can play for Closest to the Pin and Longest Drive
- Extra teams (of 2) can play also for Overall Low Team Net
- Players are responsible for the greens fees, carts and transportation.
- 10 matches, 18 holes, Best Ball
- League is a member of USGA/MGA and provides each player with handicaps
- Championship outing (date, location TBA)
- Prizes for overall team low gross, overall team low net, closest to the pin and longest drive for each match
DIVISIONS: Weekday: Tuesday or Wednesday; bi-weekly *
MATCH TIMES: Tee off 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM *
* Informtion from the 2014 season. Subject to change in 2015.
Need more information?
Thank you for your interest in YSA leagues. For more info please email us at email@example.com, call (914) 962-8390 ext 10 or join our mailing list.
Open Letter from Marty Markoe
I'd like to introduce you to our Golf League, which I genuinely enjoy. It was originally formed with restaurant teams but is open to anyone. My partner Al and I are high handicappers. There are scratch golfers in the league. The handicap system is fair to all. You usually get close matches and you win or lose for the most part based on your skills. In 2009, Al and I came in last place in league standings. But we found inner strength and ended up winning the league championship. This past season, Al and I finished in second place, being in contention to the very end. Playing in the league takes golf to a personal level you don’t get when playing with friends just for fun.
A two man team costs $1,100.00 for the season. This includes prizes for every match, at least one long drive / one closest to pin / low net / low gross. It includes the final all day BBQ with loads of prizes for many categories. Our matches begin mid April and continue until the end of August. You pay greens fees for each match but many include lunch. We play 2-3 times a month, Tuesdays when in Rockland and Wednesdays when in nearby counties (Westchester, Putnam, Orange). A fun highlight is 2 rounds in Montauk the third week of July. Evening dinners in Montauk are not to be missed.
Team members are down to earth and no one takes themselves serious enough to be offensive. Sportsmanship and respect reign.
If you don’t have a partner, we may be able to pair you up with a good golfer. If you are interested, please contact Marty Mann at firstname.lastname@example.org or 914 714-9944.
PS. Almost forgot, the league starts and ends with a charity scramble outing (for PSAL and Youth Golf). Cost is just greens fees and a small (usually $20.00) donation.